Raspberry Pi 4 Boosts Performance, Keeps $35 Starting Price
CNET, June 24th, 2019
July 7, 2019,
Volume 256, Issue 1
The affordable computer is now even more powerful
Eli Blumenthal writes in
"On Monday the Raspberry Pi Foundation dropped a new model of its popular Raspberry Pi line. Aptly named the Raspberry Pi 4, the new PC board boasts several significant upgrades. Among them:
- A new 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU that the group says is three times faster
- 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM
- Two USB-A, full-size USB 3 ports (in addition to two USB 2 ports)
- Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 5.0 and Wi-Fi AC
- Two micro HDMI out (as opposed to one full-size HDMI) capable of driving two 4K displays
- USB-C for power input (as opposed to micro-USB)
The new computer retains its $35 starting price for the 1GB board (a 2GB board is $45, 4GB is $55), with casing available for an additional $5..."
Read More ...