It's been 12 months since we took a look at the IDC data and analysed how the storage hardware market is performing. Compared to this time last year, we're seeing modest growth, challenges again for IBM and the addition of Pure Storage into the data for the first time
"I've been collating IDC's storage hardware revenue data for some time and now have close to 12 years of information. Each quarter the company produces a summary of revenue for storage systems (servers and at least 3 disks) plus external storage appliances.
- IDC 1Q2018 Data Shows a Rebound for Storage Hardware Sales
- Understanding IDC's Flash Sales Figures
- Storage Market Shows Growth - But Not in External Arrays
- Measuring the Size of the Storage Market
- Opinion: Is Enterprise Storage a Stagnant Market?
As the most complete set of data, Q1 is the only period where I initially found figures for all of the main vendors for each year from 2007..."
Read More ...